So here is the process I followed to create 'Tearing Space Apart (Salford I)'
- A wall is covered in newspaper
- The newspaper is torn off the wall and methodically numbered
- The wall has co-ordinates marked along its edges
- Fragments of newspaper are placed on the wall at randomly allocated co-ordinates
- Each piece of paper is drawn around a number of times with pencil according to its catalogue number
- Lines do not cross
- The fragments of paper are used again, this time they are outlined using powdered graphite according to randomly allocated co-ordinates
And some images.